As the oldest and possibly most beautiful building in Corby, St John’s is a popular place to get married. As a church we believe that marriage is a wonderful gift from God and we love being part of such an important occasion. However, we see the wedding day as far more than a celebration – it is a declaration before God, family, and friends that you are committed to each other for life. Therefore as a church we aim to not only prepare you for the big day but also for your married lives together.
Although we love people getting married at St John’s Church, legally one of you must meet one of the following qualifying connections:
- lives in the parish or has previously lived in the parish for six months
- was baptised at St John’s Church or Epiphany Church, Corby
- was prepared for confirmation at St John’s Church or Epiphany Church
- has regularly attended St John’s Church or Epiphany Church for six months
- has parents who have lived in the parish for six months during their lives
- has parents who have regularly attended St John’s or Epiphany Church for six months
- has parents or grandparents who were married at St John’s or Epiphany Church
If you are unsure of which parish you live in you can check online. If you do not fulfil any of these criteria you can discuss other options with the minister. Please get in touch if you would like more information on getting married at St John’s.